Re: Firefox 84.0 fails to build on aarch64

Hi,

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes:

> Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
>> On evbarm-aarch64 (that is, on a Pinebook Pro), Firefox 84 compile
>> fails with the following error:
>
> If this can't be fixed, we should consider rolling back.  The freeze
> guidelines call for not having firefox updates after 12/1:
>   https://www.pkgsrc.org/quarterly/
>
> Of course, we'd all rather it is straightened out (within a few days at
> the most, at this point).
>
> From a policy viewpoint, my (non-PMC) opiniion is that  aarch64 targets
> in pkgsrc that have existed and been stable for a while are far more
> important than being really up to date with the latest apple stuff.  The
> way apple releases things (and doesn't submit fixes to all the upstreams
> ahead of time) leads to delayed support for their platform.  Their call,
> and I'm ok with support for their hardware users taking the natural
> amount of time.

Rollback to 83.0 will not help the build failure.
See: PR pkg/55825 for firefox-83.0, http://gnats.netbsd.org/55825 .

I will investigate this problem.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo%tetera.org@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3