Re: Garbled output with Firefox 77

On 04/06/2020 11:26, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
Apparently, one has to create a new FF profile with every version
upgrade, however minor it is.

I don't believe that's universally true.

I moved from 68.1 to 68.9 and to had to make a new profile, else
nothing worked as before.

I've never had to do that on any platform including NetBSD. I've been using firefox since version 72 and I'm now on 76 on NetBSD 9.0 and I've not done anything to my profile in that entire timeframe. I did have to make a couple of config tweaks (turning off and turning back on multi-process browsing) but that's all. Firefox normally upgrades old profiles on first run of the new version. Things only get weird if you then downgrade back to an older version.

Looking at that output it looks like the data is compressed. Could something have gone wrong with firefox'es interaction with one of the compression libraries?

Mike