VLC not building with pkgsrc 2018Q3

a few days ago pulled the latest stable pkgsrc 2018Q3 down and started
building a few packages on NetBSD 8.0_STABLE/amd64. The vlc build fails
as described in PR 54230.

I note that there is a compiled vlc binary for 2.2.6 in the 2018Q2
binary packages, but so far there doesn't appear to be any binary
packages for the 2018Q3 release. If vlc won't build from Q3 pkgsrc then
this seems a reversion compared to Q2.

I did try building vlc 3.0.2 from pkgwip, but the compile croaks with a
type error for QButtonGroup. vlc 3.0.4 seems to be the current stable
release so I may have a punt at trying to compile that.

Any other suggestions?

Dave

Phone: 07805784357
Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org