Re: x11/motif fails to compile due to library not found for -lintl

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:59:28 +0900, J. Lewis Muir
<jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> wrote:

But this all makes me question the "BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.flex?= build"
in devel/flex/buildlink3.mk.  Why is that there?  I don't understand
that.  It seems like that should never be done inside a buildlink3.mk.
It seems like the default should always be "full", and it should be
up to the caller that includes it to set "BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.flex?=
build" before including it in order to change that default.  Otherwise,
every place a buildlink3.mk is included, the developer has to inspect
the buildlink3.mk to see whether it defaults to a "full" or "build"
BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.<pkg>.  That seems confusing.

Probably, it is expected that flex is usually just required to build.

Anyway, I've changed flex package, drop libintl dependency from libfl
(flex-2.5.39nb2).

--
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost