Re: offlineimap checksum mismatch

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 12:19:50PM +0100, Matthias Rampke wrote:
> Works for me ? sorry if this is too simple, but: have you tried deleting
> offlineimap_4.0.16.tar.gz so it gets downloaded again? Maybe a bit flipped in
> transit, this is exactly the kind of failure the checksums are meant to
> protect against.

Not only that I tried downloading again twice, I had opened the file in vi
and it showed the "site has moved" etc html page.

> But the distfile gets fetched from the NetBSD distfile mirror, because
> apparently the original author is no longer maintaining the software. He
> refers to https://github.com/nicolas33/offlineimap which in turn refers to
> http://offlineimap.org/ which points at https://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap
> as the current location. The latter also has the most recent activity, so
> mail/offlineimap should probably be updated to use that.

Commenting out MASTER_SITES in Makefile made pkgsrc fetch it from netbsd
mirror I guess. So guess there is a default way to fetch distfiles.
Doesn't that become a fix or should one always put MASTER_SITES url? (The
question is more an attempt to understand pkgsrc structure on my part.)

Mayuresh.