Re: modular xorg packages?

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Sverre Froyen wrote:

On Saturday 28 April 2007, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
I want to switch one of my machines to modular xorg.  What, precisely,
do I need to install?  I do not see any obvious set of packages that I
should install.

Here's what I installed (by trial and error until the X server would start and
then until kde would build and run).  I believe it's i fairly minimal set.

x11/modular-xorg-server
x11/xf86-input-keyboard
x11/xf86-input-mouse
x11/xf86-video-ati  (has to match your graphics card)
x11/xinit
x11/xterm
x11/xauth
x11/iceauth
fonts/font-alias
fonts/font-misc-misc
fonts/font-cursor-misc
wm/tvtwm (not strictly needed)

I also added:

fonts/font-adobe-75dpi
fonts/font-adobe-100dpi

Every time I try to build x11/modular-xorg-server, I get an error in
x11/xkbcomp. Any ideas?

checking for XKBCOMP... gnome-config: not found
gnome-config: not found
configure: error: Package requirements (x11 xkbfile) were not met:

No package 'x11' found
No package 'xkbfile' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XKBCOMP_CFLAGS
and XKBCOMP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/xkbcomp
*** Error code 1

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost