X applications take long time to start

Hello,

I recently upgraded png and lots of X11 apps which depend on it to their respective 2006Q3 versions on a NetBSD-3.0.1/i386 machine. I noticed that starting X11 applications such as gdmgreeter, wmaker, etc. takes quite a lot of time, certainly more than before the upgrade. The application processes keep running for a while before they finally print their output to the X server and run fine.

TIA, Christoph