Bluetooth wheel mouse and X11

Hello Joel

> Hello -- I successfully connected a BT mouse to NetBSD 10
> (/dev/wsmouse2). Cool.

great! which mouse did you use btw?  I have an older apple magic mouse
which is failing and when I bought a newer mouse, it was BLE (which
is annoying me as I haven't written any support for it been meaning to for
some years just haven't had the time)

> When I launch X11, the BT mouse seems to work by simply moving the
> cursor around. But once the cursor is over a window, I noticed that the
> X,Y motion is also triggering scrolling. It's as if the mouse motion is
> generating scroll wheel events.

I never heard of such a thing, tbh

> My USB mouse works perfectly under X (/dev/wsmouse) and the wheel
> scrolling works as expected.

> I tried various /etc/X11/xorg.conf mouse settings (including
> ZAxisMapping) but nothing prevents the weird scrolling.

> Apologies if this is more an Xorg question. My X11 skills are rusty -- I
> only recently started using X11 frequently again when I got a Mac Mini
> G4 working (maccppc). For all of my other NetBSD devices, I just use the
> console.

On the Bluetooth front, my question would be does the mouse actually send
scroll events? You can find this out with sysutils/hcicump in that the
reports sent will include them. the only way I can conceieve that your
situation occurs is if it is sending both scroll and movement at the same
time somehow

On the X fton, is X registering scroll events? you can perhaps find this
out with xev(1) I'm not sure how..

iain