Re: intel videocard performance degraded severely after 9.4 update

On Thu, May 09, 2024 at 10:34:49AM +0000, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Hi,

John McCue wrote:

I have a R52e and the internal wifi does now work with the
router provided by my ISP (comcast).?? I believe a "Edimax
N150" dongle may work, but I have not tried it yet.

Maybe you have a different card... IBM/Lenovo inserted "equivalent"
cards (for windows) but it may not be iwi or the same revision.

Just checked, you are correct, the R52e has a ath0 for wireless.

I wonder if this is related ?

Do you have intel video?

Yes, the T420 Video has i915, this T420 does not have
Nvidia.  I hear some come with a Nvidia GPU.  From dmesg:

i915drmkms0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: Intel Sandy Bridge
(mobile) GT2+ Integrated Graphics Device (rev. 0x09)

John