Re: Mail delivery from Postfix to remote IMAP

At Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:27:05 +0200, Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Mail delivery from Postfix to remote IMAP

> I have a local IMAP server running as well, so I could deliver to that
> and then do an IMAP-move, but that seems rather roundabout and requires
> creating some service which gets somehow triggered to do this. I don't
> have much space available though. A direct delivery would seem better to
> me.

Just keep doing what you're doing.  Anything else _is_ more roundabout.
Why complicate things?  SMTP forwarding is the way to keep it working!

Of course fixing your mail server to do proper DKIM, or even just
futzing with SPF (and PTR) records enough to get normal SMTP port#25
through, i.e. without heavier AUTH and use of the submission service,
would be even simpler.  I've done the latter, and hope to do more with
DKIM soon (but _NOT_ with the milter mess!).

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>