Re: RC6 (and later)

I am not on the Release Team or involved except as a user --- however, I greatly approve of _RC6 release, AND the additional time it will take for people to beat on it before it becomes the 10.0 release.

We have more hardware to properly work on now (just for starters, all RPi up to 4 at least), etc, and many new chips for old arches (e.g. N200 for amd64) so when you look at the growing complexity, it makes sense to keep testing by as large a group as possible before 'release'.

After all, when it comes right down to it, the Release is just a Number.   Who cares what the number is -- it is the set of Stable Features that are of interest.

I would encourage all to d/l _RC6 and bang on it, like I'm doing.

Thanks,
Mike