Re: How to render Groff / troff output directly on the terminal

Hello Chavdar,

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 5:20 PM Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Well, you could try converting the postscript output to .png using
>
> $ gs -dNOPAUSE -q -sDEVICE=png256 -sOutputFile=/tmp/whatever.png
> /tmp/whatever.ps
I did not know that gs could convert files from one format to another.
I was able to generate the png.

> then, provided you use a terminal emulator capable of sixel display,
> install imgcat using
>
> pip3 install imgcat
>
> (obviously, python3 + a bunch of libraries required, they are
> available in pkgsrc, but I haven't seen imgcat itself; however, it
> works for me on my -current system, using WezTerm from a W11
> laptop...)
I installed imgcat, but under uxterm it showed nothing. I also tried
it on my Mac, but again it did not work, but I will keep looking into
this.

Thank you for your advice! Blagodaria!

Regards
rambius