Re: libc license

r0ller <r0ller%freemail.hu@localhost> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I read on netbsd.org that netbsd uses the 2 clause BSD license where
> the 2nd clause says:
>
> Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
> notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
> documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
>
> What does this mean in embedded environments where only the libc would
> be redistributed in binary form?

I don't follow "only the libc".  If you mean "I am building a system and
most of it is not from NetBSD but I am using NetBSD libc", then:

The license is more or less per file/system and thus if you include a
file you have to follow the license.

A straightforward reading is that when you distribute a binary that you
must include in accompanying documentation a copy of the license.   It
follows that distributing binaries without any documentation is not
permitted.