Re: USING NETBSD ON LINODE?

Hey Brian,

On 10-Aug-2022 19:57:02, Brian Buhrow wrote:
hello. Is there anyone on this list using NetBSD on Linode? I see some folks have done it in the past, but I don't see anything current.

Been running NetBSD on Linode since 2013 and have been through various transitions: i386 to amd64; XEN to KVM.

instructions on how to build a custom image for uploading?

My approach has always been to use the install image to install onto a Linode raw disk. This post is dated, but the overall technique is valid: https://atomicules.co.uk/2017/06/11/NetBSD-under-KVM-on-Linode.html

If you have no luck figuring it out from that I could walk through a fresh install and update the steps... assuming I can find the time.