Re: npf questions

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 16:14:18 +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 09:49:39AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> I don't see why part of npf is built in and the other part isn't.
>
> Indeed, for architectures supported by bpfjit (and where it works) they
> should go together.

Is there a technical reason why bpfjit is modules-only, or is it just
somebody's conviction that modules are the bees' knees?

Spoken as somebody who will stick to monolithic kernels on his
servers...

Cheerio,
Hauke

(who runs pf(4), since npf(4) is not feature complete.)

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344