Re: Backspace, Delete and other keys (MacOSX)

On Mar 31, 2010, at 10:22 PM, Greg A. Woods wrote:
At Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:19:41 +0200 (CEST), Magnus Eriksson <magetoo%fastmail.fm@localhost > wrote:
Subject: Re: Backspace, Delete and other keys

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Greg A. Woods wrote:
Sadly I don't think it is so easy to swap the <control> and <caps lock>
keys.

There is an example in the man page to do just that:

wsconsctl -w encoding=us.swapctrlcaps

I just tried it and it even worked.  :-)

Awesome!  Thanks!  I should read the manuals more often!  :-)

(now if only Mac OS X had something similar -- but first I have to get a better keyboard than this tiny laptop keyboard turned wireless "desktop"
keyboard)

I don't know about the base stuff in MacOSX, but there is tools like Ukelele and KeyRemap4MacBook (poorly chosen name btw, since it works with all kinds of Macs)

http://scripts.sil.org/ukelele
http://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/

HTH,
/P