/bin/sh and 4.7 GB integers

I made a little script to keep a tally of bytes for recording to
iso with anticipation my file list would be bigger than dvd media.

once that counter rolled over 4.7 GB the script would generate a
new list for the next iso.

works fine for 700MB cdrom, but aparently there is an integer
rollover for >4.7 GB counters.

I switched to counting kBytes vs Bytes, for the fix, but I was
wondering if there is a way for >4.7 GB counters in sh?

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><