Subject: umass and Sony DSC (DCR-HC42)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/19/2007 13:07:08
Synopsis: The umass driver is not allocating a scsi device for my
camera.

I am assuming that the umass driver is supposed to allocate a device
on the scsi bus when it finds a supported device. If it is not
supported, it gives no indication, however the manpage indicates that
Sony DSC is supported.

Repeated and varied searches have yielded nothing and the FreeBSD
system is a bit different, so their docs do not quite match.

I'm looking for a clue. Anyone have one? Thanks.

Dan

Environment:

NetBSD 3.1 (GENERIC)
usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: Compaq OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

On connection, kernel reports:

umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0

but that is all.

# usbdevs -dv
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, OHCI root hub(0x0000),
Compaq(0x0e11), rev 1.00
   uhub0
port 1 addr 2: full speed, self powered, config 1, Sony DSC(0x002e),
Sony(0x054c), rev 5.00
    umass0
port 2 powered
port 3 powered