Subject: Re: pfstat
To: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
From: Staffan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Thom=E9n?= <duck@multi.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/12/2006 18:46:32
--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

> Original text by Jan Danielsson
> Hello all,
>=20
> Being pretty new to Unix:ish systems and all...
>=20
>    I went from ipf to pf, and I feel it was a good move. The only thing
> I miss is something like "ipfstat -t". I found something called pfstat,
> so I downloaded the source, adjusted the Makefile, fixed a build error,
> and got a "pfstat" executable.
>=20
>    However, when I run pfstat, it complains that it can not find
> "libgd.so.2". libgd.so.2 is in /usr/pkg/lib. In OS/2, I would simply
> have adjusted LIBPATH, but how do I do in NetBSD?

The unix equivalent is LD_LIBRARY_PATH, though properly your linker should
include the path in the binary (-L ougt to do this, most linkers I've seen
also have an -rpath flag, and gnu tools have -R aswell.)

Someone else mentioned /etc/ld.so.conf where you can add paths to the global
search.

--=20
Staffan Thomen 1024D/7C7E2EF8
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?