Subject: Re: anyone using drupal?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: rudolf <netbsd@eq.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/05/2006 09:37:26
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I've been asked if I can host a drupal-based system on a machine of
> mine.  I'm quite open to other suggestions that I can pass back.
>
> 		--Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

Here are listed some alternatives (but "Last update: 2004-08-04"):
http://www.la-grange.net/cms

I'll personally try hard to avoid PHP :)
But I presently don't use any CMS and thus can't recommend you a
reasonable alternative to drupal.

You also mentioned systrace - this could be the solution (and fun), but
I still remember how I hunted patches for "just released stable" but
segfaulting PHP 4.4.1 (on Linux) - a lot of things stopped to work.
Systrace can't guarantee that PHP won't crash, can it?

If I had to go with PHP, I'll try the 5.1 line, the older 4.4 branch is
buggy and in my opinion the PHP developers already (subconsciously? :))
dropped the support for it.

Regards,

r.