Subject: Are you using CODA on NetBSD? Or any other distributed file system?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/05/2004 17:10:38
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone is using CODA regularly on NetBSD, or any
other distributed file system solution?

I'm looking for something to enable a mirrored / redundant / cluster
type file system of two NetBSD servers exporting a single file system
to multiple clients.

Basically I want to end up where I can have two (or more) clients
reading / writing to a file system they have mounted from the
(logical) "server" cluster.  In the event of a server failure it would
need to be transparent to the client of course.

From reading about CODA it seems ideal for this, but the in tree
version is quite old and the pkgsrc version is old as well.

If you're doing something similar let me know.  I'm using NetBSD/i386
2.0 on my servers & clients.
Thanks.

-Andrew