Subject: setting up tbrconfig on 1.6.1 i386
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Brewer <carl@bl.echidna.id.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/01/2003 10:53:30
Hello,

I'm starting to play around with rate limiting an ethernet
interface on a firewall, running NetBSD 1.6.1 on
an oldish pentium (i386 arch)

Initial attempts to use tbrconfig told me this :

tbrconfig -a
tbrconfig: can't open altq device: No such file or directory

So ALTQ isn't in the kernel?  No worries, I added this
to /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/ring (ring is the
name of the firewall ... it used to dialup ..
never mind ...)

options         ALTQ

recompiled the kernel, installed it & rebooted.

But .. still the same error message.  Is there
something I've missed out?  There's a pile of
other ALTQ options at
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?options++NetBSD-current
but which ones are needed for tbrconfig?  Do I need to
make any devices?

thanks

Carl