Subject: Re: Compilling Stop after 17 hours, GCC 3.3
To: Maurizio Caloro <mauric@active.ch>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/22/2003 06:48:20
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Maurizio Caloro wrote:

> i have proved to compile GCC 3.3 bootstraping on my NETBSD machine
> for the last 17 hours wass where nice but now i have a stop and i dont
> know why i stoping
>
> itspossible to see why it stopping ????.......
> for any comment i am where happy

> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1

It looks like a linker bug. Try getting the latest "binutils
2.13.2.1", and install it to the same prefix, first. (I would also
adjust PATH, to be sure to use binutil's "ld" and "as", but I think
the new "gcc" would find them even without that.)

You can also save a lot of time if you give "configure" the argument
``--enable-languages="c,c++"'', so as not to build the java stuff, at
least until you get C++ working.

Frederick