Subject: Re: Compaq RAID controller driver is problematic under 1.6.1
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Doughty <netbsd-ml@amalgam.dyndns.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/11/2003 12:19:49
On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 11:07:32AM -0500, John Maier wrote:
> 1.5.1 - 1.6.1 have all given me this problem.
>
> I vaguely remember emailing back and for with the writer of this driver.  I
> was going to upgrade to 1.5.1 and there were some changes in the device
> driver naming or something. I never followed up but now I'm thinking, since
> I'm not alone, perhaps this need fixing..

Ok, I find it impossible to believe that we are the only ones running Smart
Array 3200 and Smart Array 2 ES controllers that want to use something
newer than 1.5.  Is it that no one else is having problems doing so?

If someone is running either 1.6.1 or current on a Proliant box with either
a Smart Array 2 ES or 3200, please contact me off list.  I am concerned
that I am just doing something slightly odd in the install that is tickling
this bug.  I am using the same installation routine as I have before, but
who knows.

TIA,

Michael