Subject: Re: black-screen with vmware-3.2.0
To: ptiJo <ptiJo@noos.fr>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2003 13:21:05
On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 08:30:48PM +0100, ptiJo wrote:
> Hi (this has also been post in tech-pkg, which surely wasn't the good ML),
>
>  I've just installed vmware-3.2.0 on NetBSD 1.6.1RC2/i386 with XFree86 4.3.0 (build from xsrc to use Radeon9000) and it seems to run, but... :)
>  I set up a Win2K installation (which went OK till it's supposed to be in graphic mode)
>  Instead of any graphic view, I get a "black screen".

Try setting your DISPLAY environment variable to localhost:0

Since VMware 3.x, there is a problem which might be related to shared
memory under Linux emulation, giving this result. Unfortunately,
it's extremely hard to track down what's going on, so noone has
been able to fix it yet.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org