Subject: Re: window(1)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/2003 20:55:50
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 05:22:35PM +0000, Chris Wareham wrote:
> who loathe Emacs, myself included. Vim is a reasonable alternative,
> but isn't as flexible as window appears to be - it follows that great
> Unix tradition of creating small tools can interact with others for
> extra functionality.

Vim as a workalike-like for window(1)? That's an odd concept.

Where vim shines is editing of text files that are over a million lines
long (on a machine with 128MB of memory). Some vi's try to copy the entire
file to /var/tmp, but not vim.  It's the coolest.

Sorry, long day at the office. Tomorrow is going to be even longer.
           On the community of supercomputer fans:
"But what we lack in size we make up for in eccentricity."
  from Steve Gombosi, comp.sys.super, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:43 -0600