Subject: Problems with accented letters
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/28/2002 17:54:25
--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

Hi all

I'm having some strange problems with accented letters and XFree86 4.2.
First of all, no matter which windowmanager I use. If a window title has
some accent written into it, it apperes cutted, so:
A title like "La informaci=F3n que te interesa", apperes like "La informaci=
".

It's very annoying. It also happens in GTK's tabs (seen in galeon).
Although, i can write accents perfectly. In xterm's, in GTK apps, in
QT apps, etc.

And the last problem is with Gabber (a Jabber IM client). When I write an
accented letter, I get disconnected from the server, and the program logs
show:

20020428T15:49:42<<< <message to=3D'somebody_hidden' type=3D'chat'><body>=
=E1 =E8 =ED =F2 =FA</body></message>
20020428T15:49:42>>> <stream:error>Invalid XML</stream:error>
DISCONNECTED

I guess I have something misconfigured in X. Do you have any idea about how?

Thanks a lot!

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org
HispaBSD member - http://www.hispabsd.org