Subject: printer, softdeps, apm
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Lupfer <tlupfer@online.no>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/13/2001 01:29:30
Hi all,

I've run into a couple silly problems on my laptop (running 1.5.1) that I was
wondering if anyone might lend some insight to resolving...

1.) The first probably is regarding softdeps, whenever they are enabled I
cannot shut down cleanly, it just hangs indefinetely. Operation is smooth
while the machine is booted and while it is running, it is only at shutdown
that there is a problem (I have fixed this by disabling them for the time
being). Strangely enough if unmounted by hand the filesystems unmount cleanly,
weird!

2.) My second problem is regarding apm, and going into and coming out of
suspend. Everything suspends seemingly fine, but will not wake up again :(
Standy mode functions properly (it's a toshiba 460cdt if that's relevant)

3.) My final gripe of the day is that my printer will not function... I have
tried it in both parallel and usb modes with lpr/lpd and simply using cat...
the printer simply sits there staring blankly at me with a mocking smile.

$ dmesg|grep ulpt
ulpt0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
ulpt0: Canon BJC-2100, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1

# echo "test" > /dev/ulpt0
#
(agitated look)

Any suggestions or insight on any of these issues would be greatly
appreciated, thanks.

--
tim lupfer       tlupfer@online.no
gnupg 0x4905183C (pgpkeys.mit.edu)