Subject: Re: whois
To: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/09/2000 17:27:10
[ On Wednesday, March 8, 2000 at 18:48:00 (-0600), John A. Maier wrote: ]
> Subject: whois
>
> This really has nothing to do with NetBSD, but has anyone noticed how
> Spartan the whois return data is becoming?

I wrote a shell script to "fix" this problem, as well as to make other
whois servers a bit easier to get at:

	ftp://ftp.weird.com/pub/local/awhois.sh

There's also a rather interesting whois client that does something of
what my script does, but more:

	http://www.linux.it/~md/software/

I think I'd even recommend the latter for integration into NetBSD.
Certainly what's there now, even in -current, is pretty useless on the
global Internet (unless of course you just use it with my script! ;-).

--
							Greg A. Woods