Subject: Re: CVS commit: htdocs
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/15/2003 01:24:36
----Security_Multipart(Mon_Dec_15_01:24:36_2003_636)--

Hi all,

Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org> wrote
  in <20031214155615.B796B2DA1D@cvs.netbsd.org>:

hrs> Log Message:
hrs> - Add plain text support (FORMATS=ascii).  Currently www/w3m is
hrs>   used to convert HTML->ASCII.

 I have committed changes to support plain text output.  Basically
 it is done with generating single HTML version and converting it
 to ASCII format.  www/w3m is used to do so.

 However, it may be a problem that www/w3m depends on devel/boehm-gc.
 I know FreeBSD doc project uses an old version of links (www/links),
 but as far as I know it does not well support non-English encodings.

 It should be small and less dependent because it is used to convert
 HTML to ASCII only.  Does anyone have other recommendations?