Subject: Re: supporting-cast international
To: None <www@netbsd.org, netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 01/21/2002 22:08:28
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de> wrote:

> [Please keep me in the CC: if you want to increase the likeyhood of me
>  replying to a message!]

[ Sorry - have you considered the Mail-Followup-To Header? ]

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > What do you think about the attached script to generate index.html from
> > Changes/index.html and gallery/events.html ?
>
> I wonder if we could take the code that's printed by "make" in
> htdocs/Changes, instead of manually trying to pull the HTML form a
> generated page.

I tried that at first[1]:

The problem is that while /htdocs/index.html depends on
/htdocs/Changes/index.html, it may very well happen, that index.html is
updated or /htdocs/gallery/events.html is updated, but
/htdocs/Changes/index.list is *not* updated.

In that case make(1) will not produce output for
/htdocs/Changes/index.html, which is why I eventually reverted to
grep'ing the content from the .html file, which, through
make-dependencies, must be up to date before /htdocs/index.html is
generated.

-Jan

[1] something a la "cd Changes; make | sed -e '1,3d' >> index.tmp; cd
..;

--
finger jschauma@netmeister.org