Subject: Re: I wonder
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaeson Engle <Jaeson.M.Engle@dronf.org>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/10/1995 14:10:49
At 09:06 AM 7/10/95, Bill Studenmund wrote:

>We should use the fact that Apple is supporting them (w/ info) against
>Apple. Apple should be able to tell us some about how the I/O works
>as they're soon going to be out of the 68k business (timeline ~ a
>year or so, IMHO). Hell, since A/UX is dead, let us have the source!

I tried for awhile to get Apple to release A/UX as free, as it is, as
you noted, unsupported and a dead end. Didn't work, so why should they
turn around and release the source for it?

I really do hope that Apple gets with it. This type of project is the
kind of thing they need to support, for too many reasons.

Jaeson

--
Jaeson M. Engle                               http://dronf.org
                     PGP Mail Encouraged