Subject: Re: Problems booting a IIcx
To: Olof Johansson <offe@dc.luth.se>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/07/1995 16:49:59
> Please help me,

Well, it looks like you're temporarily out of luck.  You can get one of
the current kernels off puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us (051695 is what my
IIcx (puma) has been running since that date).  The reason I say you are
out of luck is that I don't think your video card's going to be quiet
(it's going to keep sending interrupts) and that will interfere with the
ethernet.  I.e., you can run NetBSD/mac68k without the ethernet card in
the machine.  I hope to have this solved by the next release.

> Have anyone tried having everything but the root and swap on local disk,
> and the rest over NFS? (It'd be The Solution for me, since I have a 40 Mb
> disk in the IIcx and plenty of disk in my PC).

That should work fine as long as the ethernet and video get along.  If
you can pick up a toby frame buffer card, or an old, basic Apple 8-bit
or 1-bit video card...

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **