Subject: praise
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Kevin Wilson 315-456-1404 <kevin@spef8.spef.syr.ge.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/22/1994 18:32:06
To the Mac/NetBSD team and their critics:

  I would like to thank the team for their efforts.  There has been a lot
of talk, mostly negative, (and worse in a negative tone) about the
addition of a menu bar and other tools to the screen.  It seems to me
that there should be more constructive ways for self proclamed experts
to spend their time helping out in some way with the porting activity
rather than blasting the work done to date.
  It seems to me that the team members (espically Allen) have always been
more than willing to answer questions from those less knoledgable and do
it in a positive way.  No 4-letter words!  No degrading of others efforts,
thanks guys.
  Maybe the comments are ment constructively, but obvoiusly they haven't
come acrost that way to everyone.  Me included.
  I have a feeling that these self proclaimed experts are the same type I've
run across in recent times.  The kind that don't care that you have been out
of school for 10 years and that you may have some very significant
accomplishments under your belt, they just want to know what your GPA was.
  I think porting UNIX to the Mac (or any machine is a significant
accomplishment in or out of school).  I hope you all will not let
the negative tones get you down too much.

  Thanks again and I for one am looking forward to the future releases of the
Alice team.

Sincerly Kevin
kevin@spef8.spef.syr.ge.com