Subject: Re: Problem with mkfs
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David Condon <dxc4@po.cwru.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/10/1994 13:32:02
Allen Briggs says,

>>       I remember reading here recently about a problem with querying
>> SCSI id 0 multiple times for something else, could that be the problem
>> here?
>
>Nope.  That's a problem with the kernel once you're booting.
>What kind of beast is this dataframe?  I seem to remember someone
>else having problems with one.

That was me. take my word for it, installation on a dataframe WILL NOT
WORK. I believe it was pointed out at the time that the drive does not
support the SCSI "Inquiry" command. The #$^&^% thing died a few weeks
later anyway.

--
"Yes, we plot no less than the destruction of the West. Just the other day a
friend and I came up with the most pernicious academic scheme to date for