Subject: Re: Getting MacROM Glue to work on Mac IIci
To: None <kwalker+@cmu.edu, macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Risacher <magnus@im.lcs.mit.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 04/02/1995 17:10:07
Kip:

I got my kernel source from ftp.netbsd.org
in pub/?NetBSD/netbsd-current/src?/tar_files/sys.tar.gz
(everything between ?s is approximate.)

If you look around, you'll find it.
Use the installer to cpin this file and untar it in /usr
(the installer wouldn't un-gzip it correctly)

the MACH_CLASSIIsi patch won't be in there, but it's trivial
to add it.

when compiling, dont forget to add:
	options MRG_DEBUG
to the kernel config file.

If you need help building the kernel, there are directions on
cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu (the file was called BUILD-HOWTO, or
something like that)

I think it dies somewhere in adb_reinit(). (still) There was also a
patch suggested by walter-in-germany a few weeks (months!) back which
wasn't ever added to the main source tree.  I'll be trying the
combination next- and after that, trying the long process of puzzling
out my own ideas about what's wrong.

-Good luck.
Daniel Risacher