Subject: FPU Emulator
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kxn3796@hertz.njit.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 08/31/1994 15:30:25
Finally I'm working on it, although I'm still in the research phase
because this is my first serious inside-kernel programming, and also
my first seminumerical programming.

But the second reason is somewhat less serious than the first because
there already is Motorola's FPSP which provides most of higher level
functions.  The instructions I have to implement are only the ones
supported by 68040 in hardware-level.  So, the emulator will do the
followings:

	1) F-line trap handler catches the trap.
	2) If the op-code or operand data type is *not* supported
	   by 68040, the emulator calls FPSP and have it do the job.
	3) If the op-code and operand data type is supported by
	   68040, the emulator does the job itself.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Ken