Subject: Reboot on IIci using internal video...
To: None <macbsd-development@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jonathon M. Lipsky <jml16@po.CWRU.Edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 08/01/1994 00:58:45
I've noticed that soft rebooting the machine when I
have it using internal video does not work.  If I hook
the monitor back up to the external video it will
reboot.

what I see after I issue the reboot command is:

syncing disks... done
we read ret=ef, tmp=ef (tmp+1) &0xff= f0
WARNING: cannot set battery backed clock.

Another thing that I have noticed is that
the kernel is much more stable when it is running
using internal video.  It hangs quite frequently
when I use the NuBus video.  If I use internal
video, I have yet to encounter a hang...

Jon...