Subject: Re: ci clue
To: darrell pfeifer <PFEIFER@camins.Camosun.BC.CA>
From: Lawrence Kesteloot <kesteloo@cs.unc.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 01/22/1994 12:19:56
> I don't know if this is a clue or not, but my ci
> only boots when the depth is set to 1 prior to
> the boot. Leaving it on another setting causes
> some interesting images to flash on the screen.
> (i've never seen a mac monitor do the dancing
> vertical hold thing on a crash before)

Try setting your monitor to non-1-bit depth
and boot with gray-bars off.  It's possible that
there are too many gray bars and that they are
running off the bottom of the screen and into
some video registers.  If the screen still goes
crazy, then there's a bug in the console code.
(Let us know exactly when the screen goes crazy.
E.g., immediately after booting, or after the
text gets to the bottom of the screen and the
screen scrolls.)  Let me know what you find.

Lawrence