Subject: Re: Intn'l keyboard support ?
To: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.circe.fr>
From: Lawrence Kesteloot <kesteloo@cs.unc.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 01/12/1994 20:40:44
> It would be great that instead of using an (hardcoded?) amercican
> keyboard mapping, macbsd uses the KCHR in use when the booter is
> launched, or at least have a way to use int'l keyboards (french azerty
> for instance).

We now have a much more flexible way of passing information from the
booter to the kernel, so might be able to add that fairly easily.  A
better (and far easier) way to do it would be to have an ioctl() and to
write a program to load an arbitrary keyboard mapping at boot time.
(In /etc/rc, for example.  Of course, you would have the American
keyboard until then.)

> If you point me toward the right source code , I may try myself...

If you want to hardcode it, look at:

/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/dev/keyboard.h

and make sure to post the French copy in case someone else needs it.

> Another Q btw : *which* ftp site is the one were the latest stuff can
> be found ? (i plan to mirror it in europe if possible)

cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu:/pub/NetBSD_Mac

Lawrence