Subject: new kernel source
To: None <macbsd-development@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 01/01/1994 14:02:51
It seems that every time I get a working kernel compiled, all the binaries
change, and further attempts to make a kernel fail.  Such was the case with
the Alpha2 update, so I decided to start over from ground zero.  I got the
sys.tar.gz and some library files off sun-lamp, and after a few minor hacks
to make it compile and link, got a working kernel again (first try, even).

I had to remove the test for TEST_UNIT_READY in scsi_gen, leaving only the
lun assignment, to get rid of the multitude-of-disks problem.  When I went
to reboot after making this last change, I noticed *audio beeps*, not screen
flashes.  WAY COOL.

Anyways, congrats to the Alice gang and the NetBSD folks for a nice piece
of work.

One happy camper:
~Steve