Re: Branching for netbsd-10 next week

On Sat, Dec 10, 2022 at 03:28:14PM +0100, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> related, I think we should really iron out all installation issues that
> plagued NetBSD before and were scorned on say Slashdot i.e. provide easy
> install/live images with a gui installed, with optional extra variants with
> say a complete xfce4 one with FF etc. and provide complete installs like the
> live CD running as option in sysinst.

You are free to work on that any time, but we are not going to delay the
branch nor the release for any of that.

Instead of (or as first step towards) a xfce4 install image I would
prefer to have signed binary packages, but it seems impossible to do
with the current pkgsrc infrastructure:

	https://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/Make_signed_binary_pkgs_for_NetBSD_happen/

Martin