Re: upgrade - no more high res console 9.99.93

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 10:17 AM Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:
> I actually found that the framebuffer is working. It is using a low-res
> text, but I see the text is not "scaled" as instead the BIOS console....
> Is it intentional? can I go hi-res?

This sounds like you have the default kernel font, which is either
8x16 pixels (IIRC) or a 2x upscaled version of the same. The kernel
chooses the font that gets you the closest to an 80x24 display, so you
likely see the upscaled version.

I imagine before your upgrade, you had the 8x16 font, which fits a lot
(but tiny) text on the screen.

The solution is to compile a kernel with a different font, or to load
one dynamically. The Spleen fonts look great and are available up to
16x32 -- not scaled up, but pixel-perfect. The Go font is also nice
and available in large sizes.

--
Benny