Subject: Re: lfs problem on amd64
To: Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2007 17:00:21
On Fri Nov 09 2007 at 15:50:28 +0100, Kurt Schreiner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> compiled a current kernel and userland on an amd64 box (dual
> Opteron & 8G Ram). There's this crash mounting the first lfs
> partition:
>
> Mounting all filesystems...
> panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "l->l_class == SCHED_OTHER" failed: file "/u/NetBSD/src/sys/kern/sched_m2.c", line 476
> Stopped in pid 0.28 (system) at netbsd:breakpoint+0x1:  ret
>
> What can I do to help getting lfs up and running again?

The quick answer is probably to use the 4BSD scheduler instead of M2.
If that's what you meant.  And than wait for lfs and m2 to start to talk
to each other.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/