Subject: build.sh and -U confusion
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/10/2005 17:04:17
I ran build.sh as me with -U and made a release.  I then ran build.sh
as root to install, and didn't give -U.  This was a script programming
error on my part, but could have been a regular human error.

I ended up with a system with files in e.g. /usr/bin owned by gdt,
with no suid bits.  netstat didn't work, and I think sshd didn't
start.  While I realize this was my fault, it would be nice if
./build.sh install without -U errored out if the build had METALOG
files.

My release sets apparently have root-owned files in them, so I don't
understand what went wrong, other than it seems to be the lack of -U
to build.sh install.