Subject: Re: CVSUP via cvsup.de.netbsd.org
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Richards <richards+netbsd@CS.Princeton.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/2002 20:27:31
Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.okt.zwei@onlinehome.de> writes:

[snip explanation of RCS keyword expansion]

Correct.  However,

> It doesn't seem to be a problem of the CVSup server, which only hands
> out what it gets. The off-by-one errors appear on a checkout from a CVS
> repository, either local or over the net.

I think we're talking past each other.  In both cases -- CVSup and
anoncvs -- the server, whether it be cvsupd, or cvs in server mode,
needs to be told about non-standard tags.  Plain cvs uses a
'CVSROOT/config' file, as you mentioned.  Similarly, cvsupd uses a
'CVSROOT/options' file.  If both of these files are in place and
contain the line 'tag=NetBSD', then checkouts will contain correctly
expanded revisions regardless of transport (remote / local) or tool
(cvs / cvsup).

> > So far, to my knowledge, only cvsup.no.netbsd.org is correctly
> > configured.
>
> Nope:
>
>   $ pwd
>   /tmp/cvsup/NetBSD/CVSs/NetBSD-cvs_cvsup.no/basesrc/bin/sh
>
>   $ head -1 memalloc.c
>   /*      $NetBSD: memalloc.c,v 1.24 2002/10/04 13:15:51 christos Exp $    */

On the other hand, I have been using cvsup.no.netbsd.org to update my
/usr/src directory for months now, and all my files have the correct
RCSId's.  I'm using the netbsd-1-6 branch, so I can't offer my
memalloc.c for comparison.  However,

    $ head -1 /usr/src/games/rogue/save.c
    /*      $NetBSD: save.c,v 1.7.10.1 2002/10/01 23:45:35 lukem Exp $      */

This revision is consistent with the revision in the repository
as reported by cvsweb.netbsd.org.

> > For more information, see PR misc/15797 and the thread starting at
> > <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2002/03/03/0005.html>.
>
> Thanks for the pointer but maybe
>   http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=15797

Good idea, thanks.