Subject: Shared object has no run-time symbol table
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Querbach <querbach@realtime.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2000 21:39:53
I'm cross-building an embedded PowerPC port based loosely on the prep port,
1.5L, from about 3 days ago.  It's net-booting fine, but I'm getting:

    /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.0: Shared object has no run-time symbol table
or  /usr/lib/libskey.so.1: Shared object has no run-time symbol table

whenever I try to run programs (such as login, passwd, skey) that need these
libraries.  As far as I can tell, only these libraries fail; all others work
properly.

If I link these programs statically, they work fine.  If it matters, I've
built both with MKCRYPTO=yes and MKCRYPTO=no, but to no avail.

Can anyone give me a clue?

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.