Subject: cvs still behaving strangely...
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/07/2000 08:45:42
FWIW:  /usr/src is on its own filesystem, so /usr/src must exist prior to
starting the cvs checkout.

# cvs login
(Logging in to anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org)
Password: anoncvs
# pwd
/usr
# cvs co -P src-crypto-all
cvs checkout: in directory src:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs server: Updating src
U src/Makefile
cvs [checkout aborted]: Cannot open CVS/Entries.Log: No such file or directory
# cd src; pwd
/usr/src
# cvs co -P -d . basesrc
cvs server: existing repository /cvsroot does not match /cvsroot/basesrc
cvs server: ignoring module basesrc
# cvs co -P src-crypto-all

That last line runs perfectly, save that I now have a src directory
under /usr/src.

Putting in a symlink in /usr/src named "src" pointing to "." produces
the same result as though I started from /usr.

So, WTF?  Last time I did this I had to start with tarballs and manually
add all the CVS directories, which was a royal PITA.

Starting it, stopping it, (mv src/* .; rmdir src; cd ..;
cvs co -d src basesrc) seems less than elegant.

				--*greywolf;
--
Of course it runs BSD.