Subject: awi/BayStack cards
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/1999 14:14:08
>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us> writes:
    mcr> Does anyone know if these cards work with any drivers that we
    mcr> have?

    Bill> Thanks to Bay/Nortel folks in Billerica, I have cards and docs in hand
    Bill> and I'm working on a driver at the moment.

  Okay, we got ours this afternoon and starting hacking. I had rebuild on
Saturday morning with -current+AWI, and tried that kernel on the plane. I am
not sure, but my ap.o LKM sort of worked, with -current, but sort of didn't
(bad crashes). I have rebuilt against a new /usr/include, and I think it is
happy.
  I then rebuilt my kernel with V6 when I realized that I hadn't done that.

  We got some errors. I saw Bill stick his head in to the terminal room and
then leave again. Maybe for lunch. He mentioned that he didn't arrive until
noon, and that was 12:45, so I imagine he had to "unplane"

  First, we couldn't get DHCP to work. We get:

	printf("unk mgt subtype %x\n", subtype);

  and dhcp never gets a response. We got a static IP and it worked okay for a
bit, and then we hit the panic at sys/dev/ic/awi.c line 1231. I'm
investigating.

  BTW: is indent width of 8 characters specified somewhere?

]                   At IETF46 in Washington, DC                 |  firewalls  [