Subject: Re: -current kernel build failure
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Ian Dall <ian@beware.dropbear.id.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/1999 23:10:54
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> writes:

> On 07 Jul 1999 09:30:58 -0600
>  Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu> wrote:
>
>  > awkward# config AWKWARD
>  > ../../../../conf/files:406: syntax error
>  > *** Stop.
>  > awkward# exit
>  >
>  > This is on an alpha, source supped this morning, freshly compiled
>  > config.
>
> Rebuild and reinstall src/usr.sbin/config.
>
> Sorry, I completely forgot to post about this.  I made some changes to
> the config grammar, and you must rebuild config in order for it to work.

I did a virgin sup of current/src and only got the *new* files
(updated on the 8th of July or thereabouts) for
src/usr.sbin/config. For some reason, I didn't get a Makefile or a
number of other old files. sup -o and even a sup -a didn't fix it.  I
presume this means the sup archive is damaged in some way (I am using
sup.au.netbsd.org). I was able to ftp the files without problems.

Ian